Okay, I do love menu planning. But, ordering my groceries online and having them delivered is the best! That’s reason enough to move across the pond, no? I usually double recipes for leftovers- with the exchange rate here, it’s just not cheap to grocery shop.
- Monday: Spinach Tortellini Soup (see recipe below), crusty bread, Caesar salad
- Tuesday: Homemade Chicken Pot Pie, mashed potatoes
- Wednesday: Left-Overs
- Thursday: Lemon Chicken over brown rice
- Friday: Coke Pork Roast (see EASY, delicious recipe below) with veggies
- Saturday: Left-Overs
- Sunday: Roast Beef sandwiches with Swiss cheese on baps, with Arby’s Sauce, and oven-baked fries
Spinach Tortellini Soup: (easily doubled)
-3 cloves garlic , minced -2 cans chicken broth
-1 T butter -1 can spinach
-2 cans chopped tomatoes (Italian if possible) -1 pkg cheese-filled tortellini
Saute garlic in butter. Add tomatoes (undrained)and broth. Bring to a boil. Add tortellini and cook according to package instructions. Then, add spinach and simmer for 10 minutes. When you serve it, grate some fresh Parm on top.
note: If you use frozen spinach, add it before the tortellini, then boil both.
Coke Pork Roast (so easy!!!)
-couple pound pork shoulder joint -1 pkg sliced mushrooms
-1 2L bottle of Coke -1 or 2 sliced onions
-1 or 2 sweet potatoes -4 sliced carrots
Toss it all in the crock pot! Cook all day. Enjoy!
Note: Do NOT use diet or zero coke- must be regular coke (needs the sugar).
Good eating! And for more menu ideas, check out Orgjunkie.com.