Oh, the joys of Texas! While I am not a die-hard Texan, let me mention a few of my favorite things about my home state…
1. It’s February and I am enjoying 70 degree weather- that means short sleeves and flip flops…
2. There were at least 3 bill boards on my way to Shannon’s house just listing things that are great about Texas…such as the King Ranch being bigger than the state of Rhode Island…no reason, no ad, just Texas written at the bottom.
3. Speaking of King Ranch, my brother just got a new truck- the King Ranch edition with gorgeous brown leather, GPS system, and rearview video….speaking of trucks, I am one of the only people in texas without one.
4. I passed a church sign that read “Pray for Billy.” What other state would have a town that could write that and know there would be little confusion?
5. I had to explain to 3-yr-old Elizabeth what snow really was or why I don’t wear more dresses…
6. In 70-degree weather, many Texans still wear sweatshirts b/c it’s a little chilly.
7. You never meet a stranger or anyone who doesn’t say y’all at some point in the conversation.
8. People wave to you while exercising or driving, whether they know you or not. They may not listen to how you’re really doing, but it’s rude not to say hi or howdy.
I am enjoying my time here, but really missing my daughter. Rebekah is staying with my parents for 5 days while I am visiting Shannon and her family and, apparently, is doing great! Josh is in Scotland visiting Aberdeen and really likes it so far. Elizabeth (Shannon and Matt’s first daughter) is very concerned about my lack of skirts…she plans on wearing one when she meets Jesus.
That’s all for now!